Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good news, good news

Husband and I had a long stretch of uninterrupted time the other day, and we talked. We were more honest with each other than we've been in a while. It was so cathartic. We talked about the baby. We talked about money. We talked about the girl he wanted to adopt. We talked about our need to change our family's spiritual habits.

Our relationship is so much stronger -- I can already feel it. Our problem is that we're both so passive aggressive. We'll let things go for months rather than confront each other. We both recognize that it's not healthy, and are working on it. Talking the other day helped so much.

Oh, and a note to Kristina -- we did discuss removing the IUD. I was ready for another baby -- he was stil hung up on the adoption that he didn't make happen. I told him I thought it was time for it to come out. He wasn't happy about it, but he said if I thought it was right, then I should do it. However, I was a bit dishonest in that I didn't let him know when the appointment was. It was just easier not to talk about it again. But I didn't make the decision to remove it and have it done without discussing it with Husband. And I plan to make an appointment with the bishop soon. We both need some guidance.

Thanks for your thoughts and support, everyone.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ahhhh, thanks for the clarification. I do believe that I had read that you had discussed it, but he wasn't entirely thrilled, and you weren't entirely honest with everything.

This sounds like a positive direction!

tammy said...

I'm glad you talked. Communication is key to any relationship. The best gift Luvpilot gave to us when we got married was a book on marriage and communication.

Kristina P. said...

I hope you guys are doing OK!

Gigi said...

hey,
just wanted to let you know that I've been' reading. Trying to get caught up.
I'm praying for you, too.
Gigi