Saturday, March 28, 2009

Weight

I went to the doctor the other day. I discovered I'm about 20 pounds heavier than I want to be. And I don't want to be 98 lbs. I'm as heavy as I was at 6 mos. pregnant. This is not good.

Once my child is out of preschool, I'm going to use that money for a gym membership. I've tried working out at home, but it just doesn't happen. My kids stand in front of the TV or change the channel or turn it off.......just doesn't happen. I was walking with a friend last summer. We walked about 2 miles every morning......nothing. I didn't notice a lick of difference. I don't have a scale at home (maybe I should get one?) and my clothes weren't fitting any differently. After 3 months of walking!! What is that?!

So annoying.

I'm excited to go to the gym. I've never really gone to one before. But now that my husband thinks he's going to get fired, I'm thinking I should probably save that money, right?

BUT I DON'T WANT TO!!!!! I WANT TO GO TO THE GYM AND LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

tammy said...

It's so frustrating! I hate the weight thing. With each baby I only gained 16-20 pounds, but that weight didn't want to go away after. And I may lose a couple pounds here and there, but it's like my body wants to keep it. I'm not happy with the way I look at all.

Sher said...

I hear ya! If you're worried about $$ for a gym membership, then start exercising outside...go walk...or run. And you can always do situps/pushups, etc for toning.
Just a thought.
I can't live without exercise...it is my life support.

Emily said...

Hi! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Now I'm trying to figure out if I know you. It's all very mysterious. :)