Thursday, September 3, 2009

Overwhelmed p.s.

I had errors after typing up this post this morning, and thought I had lost half of it. I didn't get the screen telling me my post had been successfully published and I was SO MAD. I'd spent half the morning typing the thing up and getting it off my chest and out there for feedback, just to have it disappear.

So I was pleasantly surprised to see comments in my inbox! Yay!

Emily -- it's definitely not apostate to wonder why the church still uses scouting. I wonder occasionally, and I'm in the program. Something that I learned recently is that the Church continues to use the BSA program because of all the training they offer. No other calling offers the training that scouting does. (Of course, no other program needs it as much. If there weren't so many rules and whatnot, it wouldn't be a big deal!) But that's something I'd never heard before. The Church is a big fan of the safety training, leadership training, etc. So they stick with it. Makes a little bit more sense than "scouting is the activity arm of the priesthood."

And thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'd post something like this on my other blog, but I don't want members of my ward (who of course read and never comment) to know all this. You ladies rock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found this blog sometime last year and I fell in LOVE with it! It is so honest and SO REFRESHING....afterall, isn't this how so many of us "mommy bloggers" with our happy blogs about our perfect husbands and kids really feel some of the time (not all of the time, but some of the time right?)

I will admit that as I was reading through your posts I came across the birthday one (about you wanting to spend some money on yourself?) and I felt like I was reading a piece out of my own life....

and then....

I read about you having your first *O* after that fight?...in five years of marriage....and I started to CRY!! I had my first one after 8 years!!!! 8 YEARS! I thought I was the only one. I love that you have a place to post stuff like this...like how you sometimes let your kids watch TV so you can blog, or how you don't like to clean, or the fact that you and your husband have disagreements.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and to say THANK YOU! I love this and am so glad you are still posting here!

And congratulations on the pregnancy!! When are you due!