Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update

Things are good. My pregnancy is going well. A few months ago I talked to my bishop, and it was a good talk. He spoke with Husband the next week. I planned on us discussing things then, but it didn't happen.

But Husband and I spent a lot of time together over the holidays and eventually we started talking. I could tell he didn't really want to, but I made him. I talked about being a mom in general, and how much there always is to do. I was 100% honest. Then we started talking about our "intimate" life, and had a great discussion about that, too. Eventually we started talking about the baby, and the girl he wanted to adopt.

I just feels so good to finally be on the same page. As we were discussing the hardest issues, he would say stuff like, "I don't know why we're talking about this. It doesn't change anything." But I told him that we needed to get it out so that we knew what the other was thinking and feeling.

We've been so much closer since then. Our teasing is 100% teasing, and not sarcastic. We're more honest in our lovemaking. Husband even did a small load of dishes last night. (MAJORLY HUGE AND IMPRESSIVE FEAT!!!)

Also on a good note -- we were released from scouting! One month before we were supposed to host the Pinewood Derby! I'm so excited about that.

So things are pretty darn good at our house. I hope Husband and I can keep up the whole "talking about what we're really feeling" thing. Ward temple night is Thursday, and we're going to go if we can find a sitter. It'll be the first time we're in the temple together in.........over a year, probably. Sad, but true. I'm excited for us to be there together, though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to see you post here again, I was beginning to think you had given up your venting...and it made me sad. This is the most "real" blog I have ever read and I love it!

So glad things are going well for you and that you and husband talked. That can make all the difference. it's crazy how the littlest things can eat away at us. Although him wanting to adopt that girl is not so little. Are you still planning on that?

So excited for your pregnancy...how much longer?