Saturday, October 4, 2008

My house

I love my house. It's our first home. We bought at exactly the wrong time, though. Right when prices peaked and countrywide almost we bankrupt and interest rates soared.

Anyway.

I'm not a good housekeeper. I keep EVERYTHING. I'm not like a total clutter freak that you see on Oprah. Just have a hard time throwing things away that I might someday eventually need.

So the constant clutter adds to the overall uncleanliness of the house. The other thing is that I have this totally horrible carpet. It's brown and like 15 years old and needs to be shampooed. There are some decent hardwood floors underneath, but we just have to get the money to pull up the carpet and refinish them. Maybe next year's tax return.

In the meantime, we eat in the living room all the time and the carpet just gets worse and worse. I used to spot clean it everytime something fell or whatever, but just gave up. I shouldn't have to clean my carpet 3 times a day!

Bottom line: It's hard for me to clean a house that's not in the best condition. If we were in a newer home with higher quality things, it'd be different.

Probably not. I'd still sit on the computer all day and neglect my kids and not clean my house.

No comments: